Moonlight Ramble® Rules for 2017
Here are some things to know about the event and to help us ensure another safe Moonlight Ramble®!
- Registration is required for participation. Only registered riders with the proper credentials will be allowed to participate. However, children under five (5) years of age riding with an adult will be admitted free and do not require credentials.
- The Moonlight Ramble® is a leisurely ride to enjoy Saint Louis at night, largely free from traffic. It is NOT a race. There are no prizes, awards, places or official times.
- The Moonlight Ramble® begins at 12:01am on Sunday, August 6th. Plan on arriving at the staging area between 9:00pm and 11:45pm on Saturday night, August 5th. The last rider must begin by 1:30am. After 3:00am, the Moonlight Ramble® no longer provides police vehicles, support vehicles or any other form of assistance along the route.
- The use of toe clips, cycling shoes, etc., is not recommended. Emmis Communication Corp and its sponsors will not be held responsible for injuries resulting from the use of such equipment.
- Outside alcoholic beverages, glass containers and coolers are prohibited in the starting area or along the Moonlight Ramble® route.
- Observe all traffic regulations and lights, stop signs, etc. unless otherwise directed by police. Police will enforce all traffic laws.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Operate a bicycle that is in good mechanical condition and properly equipped for night riding; call your local bicycle shop for information.
- You are required to wear a helmet meeting or exceeding ANSI 90.4Z or Snell Foundation standards.
- The City of Saint Louis requires proper lamps, reflectors and brakes on bicycles when used at night. Please refer to city ordinances for details.
- Wear white or light-colored clothing.
- As always, the ride will take place come rain or (moon)shine! However, Emmis Communication Corp. reserves the right to cancel, postpone, and/or delay the start of the event due to severe weather and/or other conditions.
- If you registered online before the registration deadline (July 30, 2017), you will be able to pick-up your credentials and event shirt(s) the week prior to the event at select pop up packet pick-up locations in the St. Louis Metro Area July 19th – July 30th. Click here to view list. List will be posted on July 1st.